lovelystyle 发表于 2023-5-29 18:16:22

Why Oilers Evander Kane wasnt ejected fo

Game 3 of the Western Conference finals between the Avalanche and Oilers got off to a frantic start Saturday. Connor McDavid scored on the first shot of the game,Joe Kelly Jersey giving the Oilers a lead just 38 seconds in.Twenty-eight seconds later, Edmonton's much-maligned forward Evander Kane cro s-checked much-maligned Avs center Nazem Kadri into the boards. Kadri crumbled to the ice and was taken to the locker room. He did not return to the game, a 4-2 Colorado victory. Avalanche coach Jared Bednar said postgame that .Kane received a five-minute major for boarding.Five minute major to Evander Cody Bellinger JerseyKane for boarding Nazem KadriShayna (@hayyyshayyy) But the winger was allowed to remain in the game, with referee Wes McCauley determining that Kane's hit didn't warrant a game misconduct. That raised the ire of some onlookers, who felt Kane's hit met the criteria for an ejection.MORE:Kadri's head appeared to hit the boards. According to the NHL rulebook, if there is a head injury on a boarding penalty, the offender is automatically ejected.Major penalty to Oilers' Kane for boarding. If there's a head injury on the play, automatic game misconduct. Kadri looked to be injured, but doesn't appear that Kane was ejected.Scouting The Refs Julio Urias Jersey(@ScoutingTheRefs) ESPN's Greg Wyshynski speculated that the only way the referees could have justifiably kept Kane in the game was if they didn't realize Kadri had suffered a head injury.Literally the only thing I can figure was that they didn't know if it was a head injury. That's all the leeway I can give them.(Otherwise ... Game 2, down 0-2, dude has 13 goals ) Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) "I was just coming in on the backcheck," Kane told reporters after the game, per NHL.com. "Puck went wide, kind of dribbled into the corner. I know he likes to reverse hit. I was just trying to get a bump on him, that's really all I did. Unfortunately he went into the boards awkwardly and hurt his hands. But that was unfortunate."Avs captain Gabriel Landeskog called Kadri's injury "unfortunate." He also said that Kane knows better than to hit Kadri the way he did."You're taught from a young age you don't do that," Corey Seager JerseyLandeskog said, .The NHL has taken steps to reduce blows to the head amid heightened concerns about the long-term effects of concu sions in contact sports, but as evidenced by Kane's boarding Kadri, this cro s-check by the Lightning's Brandon Hagel on the Panthers' Eetu Yasmani Grandal JerseyLuostarinen in the second roundwhich initially was called a major but was changed to a minor after review and other hits in these playoffs, it seems the league still has some way to go on enforcement.Hagel gets a major penalty, but after review it's reduced to a minor for cro schecking LuostarinenShayna (@hayyyshayyy)Related Articles
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Why Oilers Evander Kane wasnt ejected fo