Champions League AC Milans Effort Undone

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
发表于 2023-5-29 17:15:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
It was the fourth game within two weeks for both sides, but none of the players would be too unhappy about more congested fixtures after this night.Barcelona would have held an advantage over the aging visitors AC Milan, but Guardiola was not overwhelmed by their home advantage. A 4-4-2 formation was still employed. Fabregas was restored to the lineup while Keita was benched. Youngster Cuenca got a surprising start over Pedro and Alexis Sanchez.The veterans Nesta and Seedorf returned to offer the Italian side stability after their disappointing draw at Catania during the weekend. Abates speed was also preferred over Boneras strength in this contest. Neverthele s, the superior Italian  Ed Davis Jersey defence had failed to contain Barca, not even for a quarter of an hour into the match.Me si and Fabregas had connected for a few times early in the match, and that had shaken Antonini slightly, who made a silly tackle in the box on the Argentine. Me si converted the penalty to give Barcelona a well-deserved early lead.The even higher defensive line at Nou Camp did not favour the playing style of Ibrahimovic. The Swedish often found himself crowded by white shirts as soon Dante Exum Jersey  as he got the ball. In a pitch of much better quality, Barcelona had no trouble in mastering ball po se sion once again.However, Mexes and Nesta had the quality and experience to withstand the enormous pre sure from the Spaniards. Abbiati had often found himself well-shielded from threats. Praise should also be given to the Italian goalkeepers determination and concentration to stop Alves and Me si doubling the lead.This gave Milan half a chance to get back into the game. The midfield fuelled by Nocerino and Boateng did not shy away from running at defenders. Their tirele s runs were rewarded, when Robinho, whose match fitne s had improved since the first leg, sent Nocerino to acres of space with a sweet pa s. Milan scored a goal double the value of Me sis.Barcelona did not spend long to restore the lead, though, through an unfashionable way which most Italians would not agree. Nesta was judged to have got the shirt of Busquets during a corner, even though 9 out of 10 referees in the world would have ignored this type of contact. Busquets got the win stake of the gamble and Abbiati was once again beaten by Me si twelve yards out."It's not like that in Italy!"Milan still had the belief that they could score the second goal, boosted Jordan Clarkson Jersey  by the 2-2 draw at Nou Camp during Group Stage this season. But playing a fast pre sing in Barcas own half left their back more exposed. Iniesta timed a perfect run to collect a Me sis deflected shot. He ignored Abates offside claim and soared past Abbiati calmly. Why did Abate choose to complain rather than go for a last-ditch challenge? I do not know.Allegri showed his desperation by sending Pato on for Boateng, switching to a more aggre sive formation. The Brazilian made one threatening run before being substituted by Maxi again. Obviously his muscle problem is still bothering him. Was it worth to give him a go under this pre surised situation? Arguable.Iniesta makes it 3-1 from close range.Thiago and Adriano mi sed golden opportunities to give Barcelona a comfortable three goal cushion, but AC Milan never looked like a side that could stage  Royce O'Neale Jersey a comeback. Although Pique limped off with 20 minutes to go, and although Ibrahimovic showed how much he wanted to triumph at Nou Camp, Utah Jazz T-Shirts  the killing touch had just been mi sing all night.Great tributes should still be paid to the Italians. Not until the final whistle had they forfeited, although Mexes had situated his pa sion in the wrong territory in the final minute. Nesta put in a strong performance in which might be his last Champions League quarter final match, notably preventing Me si from scoring in open play in both legs. Ambrosini also starred in both games in the holding midfielders position.While an El Clasico Champions League final match-up is po sible, the Catalans awaits their next opponent  be it the back-in-form Chelsea or the Portuguese-Manutd Benfica. After losing 0-1 in Lisbon despite dominating the match, Benfica will look to throw everything at Roberto Di Matteos men in Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|DiscuzX

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 05:37 , Processed in 0.040148 second(s), 18 queries .