Islanders Johnny Boychuk receives 90 sti

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
发表于 2023-5-29 18:33:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Therewas a scary scene at BarclaysCenter in Brooklyn on Tuesday night.With just over 11 minutes remaining in the third period of the Islanders' 6-2 lo s to the Canadiens, New York's Johnny Boychuk and Montreal's Artturi Lehkonen got tangled up in front of the home team's net. Boychuk pushed Lehkonen out of the crease, and as the Montreal forward fell, his right skate came up and clipped Boychuk in the  Brian Urlacher Jersey face.The Islandersdefenseman immediately grabbed his face and was in obvious pain on the ice. He quickly got up and skated to the locker room; his hand appeared to be over his left eye.Wednesday morning, GM Lou Lamoriello updated Boychuk's status and told reporters he would be "OK" and that there was "no damage" to the 36-year-old's eye. The skate did cause a cut so severe that it required 90 stitches to close."He felt the skate blade get his eye, but fortunately it just got the eyelid. It took 90 stitches to fix but the plastic surgeon took care of it," Lamoriellosaid. "He'll be fine. It's just a matter of time with the eye opening up and him feeling good."Wednesday afternoon Boychuk went on Twitter to let everyone know he was ok:Thank you to everyone for the positive me sages and thoughts! I am extremely grateful. Please know they did not go unheard. Luckily for me the skate only cut my eyelid. Sorry for the late response.. Walter Payton Jersey .facial recognition wasnt working... thank you again my friends. Johnny B Johnny Boychuk (@joboych) (NOTE: Some may consider the video graphic.)SCARY! Johnny Boychuk takes Artturi Lehkonen's skate in the face  Here's Your Replay  (@HeresYourReplay) After the game, Islanders coach Barry Trotz told reporters that Boychuk was still being evaluated.Trotz: No update on Johnny Boychuk. Its pretty scary obviously around the facial/eye area. Hes being evaluated.  New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) The exact injury and its severity weredifficult to determine from the video. Islanders winger Cal Clutterbuck told NHL.com's Brian Compton after the game: "It's not good. It's not easy to see. Not good at all."No update from Trotz Mitchell Trubisky Jersey  on Boychyuk. Cal Clutterbuck was understandably upset. "It's not good. It's not easy to see. Not good at all."  Brian Compton (@BComptonNHL) Claude Julien coached Boychuk in BOS. "Real scary. I've reached out and I've texted Barry. A guy I've coached for a lot  Allen Robinson Jersey of years and is liked by everybody. Great person."  Brian Compton (@BComptonNHL) Clutterbuck knows what a skate blade can do. He justreturned to the lineup Saturday after mi sing more than two months that was cut by a skate blade in December. Islanders players are not the only ones to be cut this year. The list includesthe Maple Leafs'Ilya Mikheyev, whoon a severed artery and wrist tendon in late December and recently resumed skating.Earlier on Tuesday, TSN's Frank Seravalli reported that NHLgeneral managers at their meetings in Florida were shownnew cutproof and Kevlar-reinforced undergarments to help prevent skate cutslike the ones suffered by Clutterbuck and Mikheyev. following Erik Karl son's surgery in 2013 to repair a sliced Achillestendon.GMs heard  Kyle Fuller Jersey a presentation today on new cutproof / kevlar reinforced undergarments, to prevent injury like the skate cut  Ilya Mikheyev suffered earlier this season. Plan is for a poster of all available items to be posted in league dre sing rooms so players are aware. Frank Seravalli (@frank_seravalli) Obviously, the Kevlar would not have helped in Boychuk's case; however, it did appear that the visor he was wearing  which became mandatory in 2013  took thebrunt of the skate's impact.Last season, from the Maple Leafs' Mitchell Marnerthat luckily did not slice his throat and just left a mark from the incident.It was really scary, Boychuk said the following morning to reporters. You feel it hit your neck, just thoughts go through your mind. It was really scary. Im just happy that nothing serious happened."
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|DiscuzX

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 14:46 , Processed in 0.039497 second(s), 18 queries .