Discuz! Board

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 289|回复: 0

[闲宝交流] Colts Frank Reich cringes when hearing Carson Wentz is broken Very confident tha

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
发表于 2023-7-26 17:38:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
has plenty to prove to the NFL in 2021 after a disastrous 2020 season that resulted in the former Pro Bowl quarterback being exiled from the -- and finding a new home with the . Wentz, one of the worst quarterbacks in football last season, has been given a fresh start.Being reunited with Frank Reich is expected to resurrect Wentz's career, but the Colts head coach takes offense in that statement. In Reich's mind, Wentz is still the same quarterback he coached in Philadelphia. Reich believes it will make a big difference for Wentz when he plays for a team that believes in him.Wentz isn't broken, per Reich. When the Colts head coach hears that, it bothers him."I just cringe when I hear stuff like that, not that a player shouldn't be accountable for poor play Curtis Brooks Jersey  on the field," Reich said in a conference call at Colts minicamp Monday, "Carson has to answer to that, and he has answered to it. And until you get out there and prove otherwise, that's what you live with. But I just know that playing the position of quarterback, there are so many factors that go into it.  "We talked about why the poor play last year, I'm just very confident that he has a team around him. It's just I think the culture fit. You guys know how I feel about the Eagles, how highly I feel about that organization. But sometimes in sports, this is one of those transitions I think it's going to end up being good for Keke Coutee Jersey  both organizations, I think it's going to be good for Carson. I think we got to be patient with it. I think it takes a little bit of time, just like it took Philip (Rivers) a minute and Jacoby (Bri sett) a minute. But I'm confident that we got the right player."         Pick Six Newsletter   Crafted By The Best NFL Experts   Get the day's big stories + Braden Smith Jersey  fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.     I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies.  By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's .                 Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe.       Thanks for signing up!   Keep an eye on your inbox. Isaiah Rodgers Jersey      Sorry!   There was an error proce sing your subscription.     Reich defending Wentz is nothing new, considering the lengths the head coach took to bring his former quarterback to Indianapolis. The pair hit it off from when the Eagles selected Wentz with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2016 , as the Colts head coach was one of the masterminds in making Wentz the MVP frontrunner in 2017 before Wentz tore his ACL in December of the Eagles' championship season.Wentz was crucial toward helping the Eagles win their first , guiding Philadelphia to an 11-2 start and the NFC East title. He completed 60.2% of his pa ses for 3,296 yards, 33 touchdowns, seven interceptions, and a 101.9 pa ser rating in 13 games of that 2017 season, setting the franchise record for touchdown pa ses in a season. Despite mi sing the last three games, Wentz finished second in the league in touchdown pa ses.  The Colts clearly believed parting ways with a potential 2022 first-round pick was worth it for Wentz, especially if he becomes the franchise quarterback that the Eagles once thought they had. Taking a chance on Wentz is worth the risk."I love sticking my neck out for people I believe in," Reich said. "I'm willing to put it on the T.J. Carrie Jersey  line for players that you believe in. I believe in this team, I believe in Carson. I feel good about it."I do know that his play will reflect the work that he does, the work that our team does, the work that our staff does, all the preparation. I don't mind being the point person on that."
Click here Click here Click here
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|DiscuzX

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 09:42 , Processed in 0.045817 second(s), 18 queries .