Discuz! Board

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 289|回复: 0

[闲宝交流] 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan upset Rams beat him out for Matthew Stafford That was

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
发表于 2023-7-26 17:42:20 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
This offseason was an eventful one in the NFL, but what could end up going down as the most consequential addition was the trading for former quarterback . The former No. 1 overall pick set multiple franchise records in Detroit, but was seemingly wasting away with a franchise that hasn't done much winning as of late. Now with the Rams, Stafford has a legitimate chance Dominique Dafney Jersey  to win the Super Bowl in 2021.When it was reported in January that Stafford and the Lions had agreed to part ways, there were multiple teams interested in acquiring his services. One team that had kicked the tires on the po sibility of trading for Stafford was the Rams' rivals in the , and when Sean McVay and the Rams' front office finally made a move, 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan was not happy about it. Both head coaches recently appeared on , and Shanahan discu sed how upset he was when he heard Stafford was going to a rival.         Pick Six Newsletter   Crafted By The Best NFL Experts   Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.     I agree to  Jack Heflin Jersey receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies.  By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's .                 Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe.       Thanks for signing up!   Keep an eye on your inbox.     Sorry!   There was an error proce sing your subscription.     "You don't want to get me started, dude," Shanahan said, . "That was frustrating. I was in Cabo. I was studying it all. ... I remember looking through it because everybody was telling me it was a po sibility. Stafford's the man. I studied him hard coming out of college, and you always play against him, so you know how good he is. Don Hutson Jersey  But to know he might be available and to spend two weeks really watching him, Sean, yeah, he's better than I realized. He was the man. He's actually underrated to me. I know how good of a guy you got. I know how good he is at play-action. I know how smart he is. Not only does he just have a big arm, but he's got touch, he knows where to go with the ball. So I was trying to get involved in AJ Dillon Jersey  it.  "... I remember Saturday I was so stre sed out and finally we talked to someone, it was seven at night, and they're like, 'No, nothing's happening (with a trade) at the earliest until tomorrow, so you can finish your night.' So I'm like, alright, I'm done. I put my phone down, talk to Mandy. I'm like, alright, 'Let's go out to dinner, let's have some drinks.' Half an hour later, my buddy calls me and is like, 'I'm just telling ya, if you want Stafford, you need to get a hold of him right now.' I'm like, 'What do you mean? We just talked to people. I can sleep on this. We'll talk to them tomorrow.' 'I'm just telling you, you need to talk to him right now.' And then it was all over."The 49ers reportedly  Reggie White Jersey never made an official offer for Stafford, but they were clearly interested in the po sibility. With Stafford out of the mix, the 49ers eventually got their quarterback of the future in with the No. 3 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. The 49ers traded three first-round picks to move up in the draft order for the North Dakota State product, and he will battle with for the starting job moving forward.  Things would have looked very different in the NFC West if Stafford went to the 49ers instead of the Rams. For one, the 49ers would be the favorites to win the division, and Garoppolo would likely be playing for another team.
Click here Click here Click here
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|DiscuzX

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 11:49 , Processed in 0.043891 second(s), 18 queries .