Discuz! Board

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 287|回复: 0

[闲宝交流] Eli Manning on returning in 2020 to back up Daniel Jones for the Giants I doubt

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
发表于 2023-7-26 18:03:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
You can probably count out for the new-look in 2020. The two-time Super Bowl winner was benched in September to make way for rookie first-round pick , who impre sed initially before suffering a slew  Fred Johnson Jersey of growing pains over the remainder of the season.Manning was reinserted as starter in late December because of an injury to Jones, and went 1-1 over the two-game stretch, dipping below the .500 mark for his career with a lo s to the before climbing back to the mark by defeating the at MetLife Stadium. The victory might've marked the last he'll Jessie Bates III Jersey  ever attempt to land for the Giants, with all signs pointing to a divorce coming in 2020. While Manning has not yet made a decision on if he'll retire, it's clear his mind is already made up when it comes to returning to play second fiddle to Jones.When asked if that was a po sibility, Manning -- an unrestricted free agent in 2020 -- smirked and answered accordingly."I doubt it, ," Manning told media on Monday, via SNY TV. "Backing up's not real fun."His reply hints at a po sibility of the 38-year-old seeking a new NFL home next season, but only if he's charged with being the starter for another club."No, I haven't made a Ricardo Allen Jersey  decision on retirement ," he said. " and I'm gonna just dwell on it, talk to my family and figure out what's best for me and us, and what I want to do going forward."  The decision will likely come quickly, though."I don't want to linger around," Manning said. "I'm going try to make it as soon as po sible, so I'll think upon it a bunch over these next days and weeks and try to figure out  C.J. Uzomah Jersey what I want to do."There's expected to be quite a bit of movement in the NFL quarterback ranks, opening the door for someone to reach out to Manning to decide if he's a good fit. Nothing in his tone over the course of the season has painted the image of a player ready to retire, but instead one who believes he still has enough fuel in his tank to lead a team., Manning's 16-year marriage with the Giants, as long as Jones remains healthy, Manning will never again get that chance in New York. He's long come to terms with that reality, Darius Hodge Jersey  and is now looking forward to other pastures -- hoping to not find himself put out to one before he's ready.  "I think I can still play," he said.
Click here Click here Click here
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|DiscuzX

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 12:09 , Processed in 0.039505 second(s), 18 queries .