Discuz! Board

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 283|回复: 0

[闲宝交流] Cowboys Mike McCarthy blames stadium clock gaffe in LA for inexplicable clock ma

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
发表于 2023-7-26 19:23:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
It was a harrowing three-point win for the over the , but nearly wasn't. You could point at a myriad of mistakes Rod Carew Jersey  made by the former that could've awarded the latter the win, but it was and Co. who -- but a timekeeping gaffe at SoFi Stadium sent head coach Mike McCarthy and his coaching staff into a state of utter confusion with the game on the line. So, as it turns out, what was initially viewed as a gargantuan brain fart by the Cowboys regarding their end-of-game clock management actually wasn't at all.Standing at the Chargers 41-yard line with 33 seconds remaining in regulation following a three-yard gain by running back , the Cowboys allowed 29 critical seconds to run off of the clock on Nolan Ryan Jersey  third down before finally stopping it with a timeout.But why? Considering Pollard and had already racked up 180 combined rushing yards with two touchdowns on the day, it only makes sense Dallas would use that time and down to run one more play and hopefully get a previously struggling (Week 1) closer for a potential game-winning attempt. Well, as McCarthy explains it, the clock at SoFi Stadium went blank, so the Cowboys had no idea how much time was left as the timer rapidly approached zero -- nearly forcing overtime in the proce s."One of our players came off who shouldn't have come off, just communication there. Then we were just going to run it down, but the clock I was watching went off the board," McCarthy explained following the game, via the team's website. "And the clock Kellen had, he said he got blocked by a camera guy."           Pick Six Newsletter   Crafted By The Best NFL Experts   Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.     I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies.  By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's .                 Please Zack Cozart Jersey  check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe.       Thanks for signing up!   Keep an eye on your inbox.     Sorry!   There was an error proce sing  Justin Upton Jersey your subscription.     It ultimately took the coaches in the booth screaming down to the headsets on the sideline to call timeout."The communication was great from up top," said McCarthy.The insanity of it all isn't lost on him though, especially considering it could've changed the outcome of the game."I've never had a clock go off the board on me like that," he added. "The second down, we were trying to chip away and just get a shorter field goal. We were going to attempt a third-down play and then kick it on on fourth. That was the timeframe we were in.  "Seventeen seconds, I think, so we were right on the threshold. You get into these two-minute drills, you have thresholds: one-minute, thirty seconds, 17 seconds. We were right at the threshold there of our operation. Once you get below 17 seconds, that's a threshold."Just let it run down and take the kick there. But the initial plan at the 30-second mark was to run a third-down play."They never  Los Angeles Angels Of Anaheim Jersey got the chance though, but thanks to his a sistants being quick on their toes, the timeout got called, the clock was stopped,  -- on a boot that might've been closer, if not for a blanked out clock in enemy territory.
Click here Click here Click here
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|DiscuzX

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 00:41 , Processed in 0.039015 second(s), 18 queries .